Audi MMI First steps Media drives Audi music interface
Important: The glove box must first be opened.
Connect the iPod adapter cable* -6- Fig. 2 to the iPod.
To detach the iPod connector, unlock it by simultaneously pressing both tabs -1- Fig. 1 and then carefully detach the connector from the iPod -2-.
The iPod battery is charged via the iPod adapter cable* when the iPod is connected to the Audi music interface and the ignition is switched on. Please make sure that you connect the adapter cable to the Audi music interface before connecting the portable player to the Audi music interface.
The following iPods can be connected to the iPod adapter cable*:
- iPod mini (version 1.3.0 and higher)
- iPod nano
- iPod 4G - Fourth Generation (version 1.2.1 and higher)
- iPod 5G - Fifth Generation (video)
- iPod 6G - Sixth Generation (classic)
- iPod touch
Other iPod versions (e.g. iPod shuffle) cannot be connected with the iPod adapter cable*. You can connect these devices as portable players using the optional adapter cable with 3.5 mm jack plug* Link.
Some of the iPod's control functions are not supported by the Audi music interface; such as the rating of tracks, Cover Flow/cover display, playback of videos or adding of tracks to "on-the-go" playlists.
- Use only adapter cables with number 4F0 051 510 K to connect an iPod.
- If you would like to play videos, you have to connect the iPod to the Audi music interface with the optional AV adapter cable* Link. In order to connect the iPod to the AV adapter cable* you will additionally need an Apple AV cable. Please refer to the iPod operating instructions for more information on Apple AV cables.
- Any problems with the iPod will also affect its operation via the MMI. In this case, please reset your iPod (see operating instructions).
- Please refer to the iPod operating instructions for important information on how to use your iPod.
- We recommend that you update the iPod software to the latest status.