Audi A1 Controls Doors and windows Central locking system
The Audi A1 can be locked and unlocked via the central locking system. You can use the following (depending on the equipment on your Audi A1):
Unlocking one side of the Audi A1 only
When you lock the Audi A1, the central locking system will lock the doors and the boot lid. When you unlock the Audi A1, the central locking system will unlock either the driver's door only, or all the locks on the Audi A1, depending on the setting you have selected on the sound system* or MMI* Link (applies to Audi A1s with driver information system*).
Automatic locking function (Auto Lock)
The Auto Lock function locks the doors and the boot lid when the Audi A1 exceeds a speed of about 15 km/h.
The Audi A1 is unlocked again when the ignition key is removed. Alternatively, the Audi A1 can also be unlocked via the central locking switch or by pulling one of the inside door handles. The Auto Lock function can be switched on and off on the sound system* or MMI* Link (applies to Audi A1s with driver information system*).
In the event of an accident in which the airbags inflate, the doors will be automatically unlocked to facilitate access and assistance.
Deadlock mechanism (Safelock)1)
The message Be aware of door safelock. See owner's manual appears in the instrument display as a reminder that the deadlock mechanism is automatically activated when you lock the Audi A1 from the outside. The doors can then no longer be opened from the inside. This makes it more difficult to break into the Audi A1 WARNING!.
It is possible to deactivate the deadlock mechanism manually any time you lock the Audi A1:
- Turn the key in the door lock to the lock position a second time within 2 seconds. Or:
- Press the button on the remote control key a second time within 2 seconds. Or:
- Touch the sensor* on the door handle a second time within 2 seconds (applies to Audi A1s with convenience key).
The light-emitting diode on the top of the driver's door trim acknowledges this procedure as follows: first it flashes rapidly for a short time, then it goes out for about 30 seconds, and finally it starts flashing again slowly.
Anti-theft alarm system*
If the anti-theft alarm system senses interference with the Audi A1 it triggers an audible and visible alarm.
The anti-theft alarm system is automatically switched on when the Audi A1 is locked. It switches off automatically if you unlock the Audi A1 using the remote control or the sensor on the door handle (convenience key).
If you unlock the Audi A1 by inserting the key in the driver's door, you should switch on the ignition within 15 seconds to prevent the alarm from being triggered. On some export versions, the alarm is triggered immediately when you open a door.
To deactivate the alarm, press the button on the remote control key/convenience key or switch on the ignition. The alarm also stops automatically after a certain period.
Switch off the interior monitor and tow-away protection if you wish to prevent the alarm from being triggered accidentally Link.
The turn signals will flash twice when the Audi A1 is unlocked and once when the Audi A1 is locked. If the turn signals do not flash, one of the doors, the bonnet or the boot lid is still open.
The central locking system prevents you from being locked out of the Audi A1 in the following situations:
- When the driver's door is open, the Audi A1 will not be locked if you press the central locking switch and then close the door Link.
- On Audi A1s with convenience key*, the boot lid will be released again automatically if the key that was last in use is left inside the boot when the boot lid is closed.
To prevent yourself from being locked out, do not lock the Audi A1 with the remote control key/convenience key until all of the doors and the boot lid are closed.
Do not leave anyone (especially children) in the car if it is locked from the outside and the deadlock mechanism* is activated: the doors and windows cannot then be opened from the inside. Locked doors could delay assistance in an emergency, potentially putting lives at risk.
- Never leave any valuable items in the Audi A1 unattended. Even a locked Audi A1 is not a safe.
- If the diode on the driver's window sill lights up for about 30 seconds when the Audi A1 is locked, the central locking system or anti-theft alarm* is not working properly. Please have the malfunction repaired by an Audi dealer or qualified workshop.
- The interior monitor of the anti-theft alarm* system will only function as intended if the windows and the sun roof* are closed.
1) This function is not available on all export versions.