Audi A1 Controls Lights and vision Windscreen wipers
Move the windscreen wiper lever to the appropriate position:
-0- - Wipers off
-1- - Intermittent wipe. Move switch -A- to the left or to the right to increase or reduce the wiper delay interval. On Audi A1s with rain sensor*, the windscreen wipers are activated automatically at speeds above approximately 4 km/h. The higher the sensitivity level for the rain sensor* (i.e. the higher the position of switch -A-), the sooner the windscreen wipers react to moisture on the windscreen.
-2- - Slow wipe
-3- - Fast wipe
-4- - Single wipe
-5- - Wash/wipe. The screen is given an extra wipe a few seconds later to remove any dribbles of water (if the Audi A1 is moving). You can deactivate this function by moving the lever to position -5- again within 10 seconds after the extra wipe. The extra-wipe function is activated again the next time you switch on the ignition.
Headlight washers*. The headlight washer system* only operates when the lights are switched on. The headlights are automatically washed the first time you move the lever to position -5-. The washing process is repeated at suitable intervals.
-6- - Rear wipe. The rear window is wiped approximately every 4 seconds.
-7- - Rear wash/wipe. The number of wiper cycles depends on how long you hold the lever in position -7-.
- The rain sensor is only intended to assist the driver. The driver is still obliged to manually operate the windscreen wipers as required depending on visibility.
- Do not use water-repellent coatings on the windscreen. In bad visibility conditions such as light rain, low sun or when driving at night these coatings can cause increased dazzle, which is a serious safety hazard. Such coatings can also cause the wiper blades to judder.
- Poor visibility can cause accidents. Always ensure that the wiper blades are in good condition Link.
- In icy conditions, check that the wiper blades are not frozen to the windscreen. If the wiper blades are frozen to the windscreen when you switch on the windscreen wipers, this could damage the wiper blades.
- Make sure you switch off the windscreen wiper system (lever in position 0) before you use an automatic car wash. This will avoid inadvertent triggering of the wipers and possible damage to the wiper system.
- Worn or dirty wiper blades can cause smearing on the glass. This can also impair the effectiveness of the rain sensor*. Please check the wiper blades regularly.
- The windscreen washer jets are heated* when the ignition is switched on if the outside temperature is low.
- If you stop briefly, e.g. at traffic lights, the wiper speed setting will automatically be reduced by one level.