Audi A1 Controls Seats and storage Luggage compartment
Loads in the luggage compartment should be safely secured.
To maintain safe handling on the road, please observe the following points:
Distribute the weight as evenly as possible.
Position heavy items as far forward as possible Fig. 1.
Secure the load with the stretch net* or with non-elastic straps secured to the fastening rings Link.
- Unsecured objects in the luggage compartment can suddenly shift and cause changes in the handling of the Audi A1.
- In an accident or a sudden manoeuvre, loose objects in the passenger compartment can be flung forward and possibly injure Audi A1 occupants.
- Always store objects in the luggage compartment and secure with suitable straps. This is especially important for heavy objects.
- When you transport heavy objects, always keep in mind that a change of the centre of gravity can also cause changes in Audi A1 handling.
- Never allow passengers (especially children) to travel in the luggage compartment - risk of injury!
- Please observe the important safety warnings Link.
Make sure that no hard objects chafe against the wires of the heating element in the rear window and damage them.
Adjust the tyre pressure to match the Audi A1 loading - the correct pressures are specified on the sticker on the end face of the driver's door.