Audi A1 Controls Heating and cooling Heating system / air conditioner
One of the following systems may be fitted in your Audi A1:
- Heating and ventilation system or
- Manual air conditioner* or
- Automatic air conditioner*
The heating and ventilation system heats and ventilates the Audi A1 interior. The manual or automatic air conditioner* cools and dehumidifies the air inside the Audi A1. It operates most effectively with the windows and the panorama sun roof* closed. If the Audi A1 has been standing in the sun, it may cool down faster if you open the windows briefly to let the hot air escape.
The pollution filter removes impurities, such as dust and pollen, from the air.
For the sake of the environment
Switch off the cooling mode on the air conditioner* by pressing the AC button if you wish to save fuel. This will also reduce emissions. The diode in the button will go out when the air conditioner is switched off. The efficiency programme (on Audi A1s with driver information system) shows how your fuel consumption is being affected by auxiliary equipment. In addition, it provides tips for improving fuel economy Link.
- Keep the air intake slots in front of the windscreen clear of snow, ice and leaves to ensure unimpaired heating and cooling, and to prevent the windows misting over.
- Condensation can drip off the air cooling system* and form a pool underneath the Audi A1. This is normal and does not indicate a leak.
- If you notice, for instance, that the seat* or rear window heating is not working, it may have been temporarily switched off by the power management function. These systems will be available again as soon as sufficient electrical power is available.