Audi A1 Controls Driving
The hill hold assist function makes it easier to drive away on a slope.
The system is activated when you press and hold the brake pedal for a few seconds.
When you release the brake pedal the braking force will be maintained for a moment in order to hold the Audi A1 and make it easier for you to drive away.
- The intelligent technology in the hill hold assist function cannot defy the laws of physics. Do not let the extra convenience afforded by the hill hold assist function tempt you into taking any risks when driving – this can cause accidents.
- The hill hold assist function cannot keep the Audi A1 stationary in all conditions on a gradient (e.g. if the road is slippery or icy).
- If you do not drive away immediately after releasing the brake pedal the Audi A1 could start to roll back. You should therefore immediately press the brake pedal or apply the handbrake.
- If the engine should stall you must immediately press the brake pedal or apply the handbrake firmly.
- If you are driving away on a slope in stop-and-go traffic press and hold the brake pedal for a few seconds before driving off. This will prevent the Audi A1 from rolling back unintentionally.
To find out whether your Audi A1 is equipped with the hill hold assist function please contact an Audi dealership or qualified workshop.