Audi A1 Controls Driving Parking aids
The rear parking aid is an acoustic parking system.
Sensors are located in the rear bumper. When the sensors detect an obstacle, you are alerted by acoustic signals (beeps). The measuring range of the sensors starts at about:
The acoustic signals sound with increasing frequency as you approach the obstacle. A warning tone will sound continuously when the Audi A1 is less than approx. 0.30 m away from the obstacle. Stop reversing immediately!
The volume of the warning beeps will be gradually reduced after about four seconds if the Audi A1 remains at a constant distance from a detected obstacle (it will not be reduced if the obstacle is closer than 0.30 m).
The parking aid is activated when reverse gear is engaged. This is confirmed by a short beep.
- The parking aid cannot replace the full concentration of the driver. The driver is always responsible for safety during parking and other manoeuvres.
- The sensors have blind spots in which obstacles are not registered. It is particularly important to ensure that there are no small children or animals near the Audi A1 when reversing, as the sensors may not always be able to detect them.
- Always keep a close watch on the area around the Audi A1 and make full use of the rear-view mirrors.
Please note that low obstacles detected by the system may no longer be registered by the sensors as the car moves closer, so the system will not give any further warning. Certain kinds of obstacles (such as wire fences, chains, thin painted posts or trailer draw bars, etc) may not always be detected by the system, so take care not to damage the Audi A1 in such cases.
- You can adjust the volume and pitch of the beeps on Audi A1s with driver information system * (sound system* or MMI*). Function selector button CAR > Driver assist > Parking aid. On Audi A1s without driver information system, you can have these settings changed by an Audi dealer or qualified workshop.
- Please refer to the notes on towing Link.