Audi A1 Safety Safety first Stowing luggage safely
All luggage and other objects must be safely secured in the luggage compartment.
Loose items in the luggage compartment can shift suddenly and cause a safety hazard or impair the handling of the Audi A1 by changing the weight distribution.
Distribute the load evenly in the luggage compartment.
Place heavy items as far forward as possible in the luggage compartment and secure them properly.
Use the fastening rings provided Link or the luggage net* for securing heavy items.
- Loose items in the luggage compartment can shift suddenly and cause a safety hazard or impair the handling of the Audi A1 by changing the weight distribution.
- Always stow objects in the luggage compartment and secure them on the fastening rings.
- Transporting heavy objects may affect the Audi A1's handling by shifting the centre of gravity – this could cause an accident. Take extra care when driving and adjust your speed accordingly.
Never exceed the maximum axle loads or the maximum gross weight for the Audi A1 Link. Exceeding the permitted axle loads or gross weight limit can affect the Audi A1's handling characteristics, and increase the risk of accidents, personal injuries or damage to the Audi A1.
- Never leave your Audi A1 unattended when the boot lid is open. Children could climb into the boot and close the boot lid from the inside. In this case the child would be unable to get out of the Audi A1 without help. This could have fatal consequences.
- Never allow children to play in or around the Audi A1. Always close and lock the boot lid and all the doors when you leave the Audi A1.
- Never let passengers ride in the luggage compartment. All occupants must be properly restrained by the seat belts at all times Link.
- Air circulation in the Audi A1 helps reduce fogging of the windows. Used air escapes through ventilation slots in the side trim of the luggage compartment. Make sure that these ventilation slots are not obstructed.
- Suitable belts for securing loads to the fastening rings are commercially available.