Audi A1 Driving tips Your Audi A1 and the environment
Please note the following in order to prevent damage to the Audi A1 when driving through water (e.g. on flooded roads):
- The water level must not be higher than the Audi A1's underbody.
- Do not drive faster than walking pace.
After driving through water, mud, sludge, etc., the braking effect can be delayed slightly due to moisture on the discs and brake pads. Applying the brakes carefully several times will remove the moisture and restore the full braking effect.
- Parts of the Audi A1 (e.g. engine, gearbox, running gear or electrical components) can be badly damaged when driving through water.
- Always switch off the start/stop system* Link before driving through water.
- It is advisable to check the depth at the deepest point before approaching the water.
- Do NOT stop the Audi A1, drive in reverse or switch off the engine before you are out of the water.
- Please bear in mind that waves created by oncoming traffic could exceed the permissible wading depth of your Audi A1.
- Avoid driving through salt water (corrosion).