Audi A1 General maintenance Checking and topping up fluids Engine oil
The service interval display in the instrument cluster of your Audi A1 will inform you when it is time for an oil change. We recommend having the oil changed by an Audi dealer or qualified workshop.
If you have to top up the oil between oil changes, use the grades of oil specified in the table in accordance with VW standards. You will need to know whether
- the Audi A1 is being serviced based on Audi LongLife Service or Audi Inspection Service (see last entry in service record section of Service Schedule).
- the Audi A1 has a petrol or diesel engine (see sticker on inside of fuel tank flap).
- a diesel particulate filter is fitted on the Audi A1 (see Delivery Inspection section of Service Schedule).
|VW 504 00
||VW 502 00
VW 504 00
|VW 507 00
||With diesel particulate filter:
VW 507 00
Without diesel particulate filter:
VW 505 01
VW 507 00
If the oil grades specified in the table are not available, you can use one of the following grades as a substitute. To prevent damage to the engine, this should not be done more than once between oil changes and no more than 0.5 litres should be used.
- Petrol engines: ACEA A3 or API SM standard
- Diesel engines: ACEA C3 or API CF standard
- For China: Only oil complying with VW standard 502 00 with viscosity SAE 5W-40 may be used on Audi A1s with a petrol engine.
- The LongLife Service is not available in all countries.