Audi MMI Controls Multi-function steering wheel
Applies to Audi A4s: with multi-function steering wheel
You can use the multi-function steering wheel to operate a number of MMI functions and the driver information system, adjust the volume and switch the speech dialogue system* on/off.
Important: The ignition and the MMI system must be switched on Link.
-1- How to use the driver information system
The driver information system shows information in several display menus.
- To change the menu:Press the MODE button until the desired menu is displayed.
- To select a function: Scroll the left thumbwheel to the desired function.
- To confirm your selection: Press the left thumbwheel.
- To scroll through lists rapidly: Scroll the left thumbwheel quickly.
- To access the next level up: Scroll the left thumbwheel to mark Go up and press the left thumbwheel. Or: Press the MODE button.
-2- Navigation cue during active route guidance*
- To have the last navigation cue repeated: Press the button.
- To adjust the volume of the navigation cues: Scroll the right thumbwheel up/down while a navigation cue is being played.
-3- Adjusting the volume
You can adjust the volume of an audio source or system message (e.g. from the speech dialogue system*) while it is being played.
- Volume up/down: Scroll the right thumbwheel up/down.
- Mute/pause: Scroll the right thumbwheel down. Or: Press the right thumbwheel.
- Unmute/resume: Scroll the right thumbwheel upwards. Or: Press the right thumbwheel.
-4- Switching the speech dialogue system* on/off
- To switch on: Briefly press the button on the multi-function steering wheel. Give a spoken command after the beep signal.
- To switch off: Press and hold the button for several seconds. Or: Say the command CANCEL.
For more information about the speech dialogue system, refer to Link.