Audi MMI Communication Telephone
Depending on your Audi A4's equipment and the number of functions available, you have different options for making calls via the MMI:
Connecting the mobile phone via Bluetooth Link
Using a separate SIM card in the SIM card reader* Link
According to health organisations, mobile phones may interfere with the function of pacemakers. A minimum distance of 20 cm should be kept between the mobile phone aerial and the pacemaker.
- Do not carry a mobile phone in your breast pocket directly over the pacemaker when the phone is switched on.
- If you suspect interference, switch the mobile phone off immediately.
- The speech dialogue system Link must not be used in cases of emergency, since the voice changes in stressful situations. This could result in a failed or delayed telephone connection. Always dial emergency numbers manually!
- Switch off the car telephone kit Link, the handset* Link and any mobile phones in all areas where there may be a risk of explosion. Remember that these areas may not always be adequately marked. Such places are filling stations, fuel and chemical storage facilities or transport Audi A4s and other places where fumes, chemicals (e.g. from leaking propane or fuel vapours in Audi A4s or buildings) or large quantities of dust particles (e.g. from flour, wood or metal) could accumulate in the air. This warning also applies to all other places where you would normally switch off your engine.
- Today's driving conditions require the full attention of drivers. Please see Link.
- Always obey the laws regulating the use of telephones in Audi A4s.
- You must switch off the telephone in areas where the use of mobile telephones is prohibited. Please observe all relevant caution notices and regulations.
- The car telephone kit may be installed, serviced and repaired only by an Audi workshop or other qualified workshop.
The maximum range of the Bluetooth connection is limited to the interior of the Audi A4. The connection can be susceptible to interference from other electronic devices.