Audi MMI Communication Telephone
Important: A mobile phone must be connected to the MMI system Link.
Select: TEL button > Enter number > Enter emergency number (e.g. 112) > OK.
To set up the automatic emergency call*: Select: TEL button > control button Settings > Telephone settings > Auto SOS.
Automatic emergency call switched on*: When an airbag is triggered, the car telephone or the connected mobile phone will call the emergency number. In addition, the position of your Audi A4 can be determined via cell-ID positioning.
Automatic emergency call switched off*: The automatic emergency call can be switched off. However, the emergency call function will be reset to the default on when the engine is switched off.
In some countries, emergency calls can also be placed without a SIM card or connected mobile phone from Audi A4s with a car telephone kit. Please find out whether this applies to the country you are in.
- To start the emergency call without a SIM card or connected mobile phone: Select the control button SOS > Dial.
- Since your telephone operates via radio waves, a connection cannot be guaranteed under all circumstances. Do not rely solely on your telephone when a vital communication (e.g. medical emergency) is involved.
- Always follow the directions of the emergency operators when making an emergency call and do not end the call before you are requested to do so.
- Emergency numbers are not the same for all countries. Please make sure that you know the emergency number for the country you are in.
- The automatic emergency call is available for all EU countries as well as Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland.