Audi MMI Communication Telephone
Applies to Audi A4s: with telephone
Select: TEL button > Directory > New contact.
Enter the surname and first name using the speller.
You can store up to five telephone numbers for each address card. In addition, you can assign a type (business or private) and a category (land line, mobile or fax) to each telephone number. You can also select a telephone number that you use frequently as preferred number. This number is then displayed first when the address card is opened.
You can import a telephone number from the call list (e.g. Numbers dialled) into an address card by selecting the option New number and then pressing the control button for List.
Navigation destination (business)/Navigation destination (private)
Two navigation destinations (private and business) can be stored for each contact. You can call up the stored navigation destinations in the Navigation menu via the Destination control button Link.
If a private/business postal address has already been stored, this address is automatically copied into the Address input menu for the navigation destination. You can then easily use the entry as a navigation destination by selecting Copy address.
You can find the closest service area, petrol station, Audi Service partner or hospital under the menu option Top categories. The menu option Special destination contains more submenus that you can use to create navigation destinations. For more information on the submenus, please refer to Link.
Postal address (business)/Postal address (private)
You can store a business address and a private address in an address card. To delete the business or private address, select the function Delete post address.
Structured addresses from a mobile phone that include details of the country, post code, town and street are imported into the directory directly.
- The contacts in the local MMI memory (public) are visible anytime and are therefore not protected against access by other users.
- The new contact you have created is stored in the local memory (private) of the directory you are currently using.
- Whether addresses can be imported depends on your mobile phone.
- You can store up to 100 contacts in the local memory of each public or private directory.
- Contacts that have been edited in the MMI directory cannot be updated automatically on the connected mobile phone. Audi recommends that you edit mobile phone contacts on the mobile phone itself.