Audi MMI Communication Audi connect
Applies to Audi A4s: with Audi connect
You must configure a data connection before you can use Audi connect services via the car telephone kit.
Select: TEL button > control button Settings > Data connection.
You can select when you would like the system to establish an Internet connection in the Data connection menu. The online connection is severed automatically when a requested Audi connect service no longer requires any further data.
The following options are available:
- if requested: A data connection will only be established on request.
- without request: A data connection will be established automatically for the use of Audi connect services.
- never: A data connection will not be established. It is then not possible to call up Audi connect services.
When a data connection has been established, a symbol indicating the active data connection -1- Fig. 1 appears in the status line of the MMI display.
You can cancel an active data connection manually by setting the Connect option to never.
The Online traffic data function is switched on when the Audi A4 leaves the factory. You can select off any time to deactivate the reception of online traffic data.
The Data roaming function is deactivated when the Audi A4 leaves the factory. Data roaming must be activated before you can use a data connection abroad.
Depending on the SIM card used, the connection may be configured automatically. However, these settings can be changed. For more information, contact your service provider.
- APN: The system access point depends on your mobile network service provider and is assigned automatically.
- User name: The user name for your online profile is assigned by your mobile network service provider.
- Password: The password for your online profile is assigned by your mobile network service provider.
- Authentication: Depending on your mobile network service provider, an authentication (identity verification) for your service provider may be necessary. If this is the case, select secure; otherwise choose the option normal.
The new settings will not be stored until you exit the Connection settings menu by pressing the BACK button.
SIM PIN settings
If the Automatic SIM PIN recognition function is on, the PIN code of the SIM card will be stored in the MMI after it is entered for the first time. In this case, you don't have to enter the SIM PIN code every time your mobile phone reconnects via Bluetooth. You can save the PIN codes of four different SIM cards on the MMI. If this function is switched off, the PIN currently stored in the MMI will be deleted. If the function is activated, the system does not perform a SIM PIN query. When the option Activate is selected at SIM PIN query, the system asks for the SIM PIN code every time you switch it on. Select Deactivate if you do not want the system to make a SIM PIN query when you switch it on. The setting for Automatic SIM PIN recognition is ignored in this case. Some SIM cards do not allow the SIM PIN query to be deactivated. Using the Change SIM PIN function, you can change the PIN code for your SIM card. First enter the existing PIN code for your SIM card. The SIM PIN code can only consist of numbers from 0 to 9. The new SIM PIN code has to be entered twice, as a precautionary measure, and is stored on the SIM card. If you change the SIM PIN code when the SIM card is in a connected mobile phone with remote SIM Access Profile, you will have to enter the SIM PIN code again on the mobile phone after the Bluetooth connection between the car telephone kit and the mobile phone is terminated. Otherwise you will not be reachable.
Online usage meter
The number of the data packets sent/received via the MMI system is displayed. Select Reset consumption meter to reset the consumption statistics to zero.
Start automatic configuration
An online profile is created and configured automatically. The connection settings you have changed manually are reset to the standard settings.
Online status overview
An online status overview with information on your data connection (e.g. mobile phone service provider) is shown on the MMI display.
Switch off data connection module
The data connection module will be switched off. It will no longer be possible to establish an Internet connection.
- According to the factory settings, the data connection will be interrupted initially when you travel abroad to protect you from unexpected roaming charges. If you want to use Audi connect services abroad, you must first activate the Data roaming option.
- When using Google Earth you will be asked explicitly whether you want to allow roaming before the system dials into a foreign mobile phone network.
- For more information on roaming charges, contact your service provider.