Audi A4 Controls Driving Electro-mechanical parking brake
Applies to Audi A4s: with hold assist
When the hold assist function is on, the Audi A4 is automatically prevented from rolling away while you are at a standstill.
The hold assist helps the driver if the Audi A4 is stationary for a long period or very often, for instance at traffic lights, on steep gradients or in stop-and-go traffic.
Switching on the hold assist
Important: The driver's door must be closed, the driver's seat belt buckled and the engine running.
To switch on the hold assist function, press button -B- WARNING!. The LED in button -B- will light up.
Stopping with the hold assist
Once it detects that the Audi A4 has stopped, the hold assist keeps the Audi A4 stationary. In this case, a green indicator lamp lights up in the instrument cluster. You can now take your foot off the brake pedal.
Drive off in the normal way: the brake will be released automatically and the Audi A4 will start moving.
Switching off the hold assist
Press button -B- to switch off the hold assist function. The LED in button -B- will go out.
In certain situations, the hold assist transfers the job of holding the Audi A4 to the parking brake. As soon as the parking brake is holding the Audi A4 still, the warning lamp appears in the instrument cluster.
The intelligent technology in the hold assist function cannot defy the laws of physics. Do not let the extra convenience afforded by the hold assist tempt you into taking any risks when driving – this can cause accidents.
- The hold assist cannot keep the Audi A4 stationary in all conditions on a gradient (e.g. if the road is slippery or icy).
- Always ensure that the Audi A4 is stopped properly and safely to avoid injury to yourself and others.
Switch off the hold assist function before driving the Audi A4 into a car wash.
- The last setting of the hold assist (on/off) is restored when the ignition is switched on. The LED in button -B- is lit when the hold assist is on.
- Automatic gearbox: When the hold assist function is switched on, it stops the Audi A4 from creeping forwards when you take your foot off the brake pedal.
- In certain situations, the hold assist cannot hold the Audi A4. The LED in button -B- will go out.