Audi A4 Controls Parking aids Parking system plus with reversing camera
Applies to Audi A4s: with parking system plus with reversing camera
The area covered by the reversing camera -1- Fig. 1 will appear on the infotainment display. Objects out of range of the camera in area -2- do not appear in the picture on the infotainment display.
We recommend that you practise parking with the reversing camera in a quiet location (car park or low traffic area) in order to become familiar with the system, including the orientation lines and all the other features. The weather and light conditions should be good.
Audi A4s or other objects shown in the infotainment display appear to be further away or closer if:
- you are reversing from a horizontal surface up a gradient or down a hill.
- you are reversing towards protruding objects.
- the Audi A4 has been loaded with a greater load on the rear.
The accuracy of the orientation lines and the blue area markings decreases if:
- the reversing camera does not provide a reliable image, e.g. if visibility is poor or the lens is dirty.
- the sun is so dazzling that you cannot see the image on the display screen.
- The parking aid cannot replace the full concentration of the driver. The driver is always responsible for safety during parking and other manoeuvres.
- Always keep a close watch on the area around the Audi A4 and make full use of the rear-view mirrors.
- Do not allow the camera images on the infotainment display to distract you from watching the traffic.
- For safety reasons, you should not use the system if the position and installation angle of the camera have been changed, e.g. in a rear-end collision. Have it checked by a qualified workshop.
Please note that low obstacles detected by the system may no longer be registered by the sensors as the car moves closer, so the system will not give any further warning. Certain kinds of obstacles (such as wire fences, chains, thin painted posts or trailer draw bars, etc.) may not always be detected by the system, so take care not to damage the Audi A4 in such cases.