►Audi MMI ►Controls ◀Media drives/connections
Wi-Fi media players (e.g. smartphones) can be connected using the Wi-Fi hotspot and operated via the MMI. You can access your player's media centre using a UPnP server app or a UPnP/DLNA server integrated in the media player. In addition, you can use the Audi MMI connect app to access Internet radio programmes*.
Important: The Wi-Fi function must be activated on the media player and on the MMI, and a network connection must have been configured ►Link. The Audi MMI connect app or a UPnP server app must be installed on your media player, or you must be using a UPnP/DLNA server integrated in the media player.
- To bond a WLAN audio player: Select MEDIA > control button Source > WLAN audio player. The MMI display will show a message that no media player has been connected to the system. The access codes for the Wi-Fi hotspot will be displayed ►Link.
- Use the settings of the Wi-Fi hotspot for the media player you are using.
- To start the Wi-Fi audio player: Start the Audi MMI connect app or a UPnP server app, or enable media sharing on your device. The first song from your device's media centre will be played.
- To operate the Wi-Fi audio player: Use the MMI to operate the media player.
- To start Internet radio1): Select the control button for Media centre. Select and confirm the Internet radio folder.
- Do not allow the features of the Wi-Fi hotspot to distract you from watching the traffic – taking your eyes off the road can cause an accident.
- Laptop computers and similar devices can only be operated safely when the Audi A6 is stationary because of their weight; any loose objects can be catapulted through the Audi A6 in an accident and cause serious injuries. Always make sure that such devices are securely stowed while you are driving.
- No Wi-Fi devices may be used from the front seats in the areas around the airbags while the Audi A6 is being driven. Please also observe the safety warnings in the chapter "Airbag system" under "Important safety notes on the front airbag system" in the Owner's Manual for your Audi A6.
Please note that it is your responsibility to take precautions regarding data protection, anti-virus protection and protection against loss of data on mobile devices used to connect to the Internet via the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- The Wi-Fi audio player only needs to be connected to the MMI via the Wi-Fi hotspot once. Depending on the device, a media player that has already been bonded will automatically be reconnected to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the MMI when it is within range.
- Inserting or removing a SIM card from the SIM card reader causes the Wi-Fi connection to be reconfigured. This may cause a short interruption in the audio playback of some media players.
- Please observe the notes in the chapter Notes on Audi connect ►Link.
- Please note that the Wi-Fi connection does not automatically enable you to use the Internet. Further information can be found from ►Link onwards.
- To avoid interruptions in audio playback, deactivate the energy saving function on your media player, or connect the player to a charger.
- The time it takes to load audio files depends on the media player in use and on the number of files stored.
- A maximum of 2,000 entries per directory are shown on the MMI display.
- For more information on using a Wi-Fi audio player, please go to www.audi.com or ask an Audi dealer.
1) Only available with the Audi MMI connect app