►Audi MMI ►Controls ►Media drives/connections ◀Audi music interface
The Audi music interface is located in the centre console beneath the centre armrest.
- To connect a USB adapter: Connect the corresponding USB adapter* -2- Fig. 1 to the Audi music interface -3- and then connect it to the portable player -1- (e.g.iPod, MTP devices).
- To charge the battery: When you connect a media player to the Audi music interface -3- with a USB adapter* -2- the player's battery will be charged automatically.
- To disconnect the USB adapter from the Audi music interface: Detach the USB adapter -2- from the Audi music interface.
- To disconnect the USB adapter for devices with Apple dock connector*: With the release tabs -C- pressed, detach the Apple dock connector from the Apple device Fig. 2.
Depending on the device you are using, the media are started and operated using the portable player or the MMI system ►Link.
To connect two mobile devices: If two mobile devices (e.g. an iPod and a smartphone) are connected at the same time, both devices can be used as a playback source.
- To connect an AUX adapter cable: Connect the cable -5- Fig. 1 to the AUX input -4- on the Audi music interface before connecting the portable player -6- (e.g. iPod, smartphone).
- To disconnect the AUX adapter cable: Detach the cable -5- from the Audi music interface.
Connecting a portable player via the analogue AUX interface:
Media are started and operated using the portable player.
- To avoid damaging the connection, please take care when detaching the connector from the Audi music interface.
- If you would like to connect a device with an integrated USB connector (e.g. USB stick) which can be inserted directly in a USB connection on the Audi music interface, please use a USB extension cable to avoid damaging the connection on the Audi music interface and the USB device.
- Very high or very low temperatures (a common occurrence in a car's interior) can cause damage to portable players and/or impair their performance. Please do not leave your portable player in the Audi A6 in case of extreme temperatures.
- Do not use any additional USB extension cables or adapters when connecting mobile devices which have an integrated cable or which must be connected via a USB adapter to the Audi music interface; this could cause performance issues.
- It cannot be guaranteed that portable players which do not meet the specification USB 2.0 will function properly.
- USB hubs are not supported.
- Some iPod versions (e.g. iPod shuffle) cannot be connected with the USB adapter for devices with Apple dock connector*. You can connect these devices using the AUX adapter cable.
- Video playback via the Audi music interface is only supported if the system detects that the device connected is a USB storage device (e.g. a USB stick). Apple or MTP devices (e.g. smartphones) are not recognised as USB storage devices.
- iPod/iPhone/iPad malfunctions also affect the operation of the MMI. In this case, please reset your iPod/iPhone/iPad.
- Please refer to the iPod/iPhone/iPad operating instructions for important information on how to use your iPod/iPhone/iPad. We recommend that you update the iPod/iPhone/iPad software to the latest status.
- For more information on the Audi music interface and on which devices are supported, please see the Audi mobile device database at www.audi.com/bluetooth or contact an Audi dealer.