►Audi A6 ►Setting off ►Lights and vision ◀Clear vision
Turn the knob to the appropriate position:
/ - To adjust the exterior mirror (left or right side). Move the knob in the desired direction.
- To heat the mirrors (depends on the outside temperature).
- To fold in the exterior mirrors*. One of the infotainment settings allows you to control whether or not the mirrors are folded in when you lock the Audi A6 ►Link.
Tilt function* for front passenger's exterior mirror
The mirror is tilted slightly to provide a better view of the kerb when parking backwards. This feature only works when the knob is in the position for adjusting the front passenger's mirror.
You can adjust the tilted mirror surface by moving the knob in the desired direction. This new position is automatically stored and assigned to the remote control key when you take the car out of reverse.
The mirror returns to its original position as soon as you drive forwards at over 15 km/h or switch off the ignition.
Convex or wide-angle* exterior mirrors give a larger field of vision. However, they make objects look smaller and further away than they really are. If you use these mirrors to estimate the distance to Audi A6s behind you when changing lane, you could misjudge the distance. Risk of accident!
- If one of the mirror housings is knocked out of position (e.g. when parking), the mirrors must first be fully retracted with the electric control. Do not readjust the mirror housing by hand, as this will interfere with the mirror adjuster function.
- Before washing the Audi A6 in an automatic car wash, please make sure to retract the exterior mirrors to prevent them from being damaged. Electrically retractable exterior mirrors* must NOT be folded in or out by hand. Always use the electrical power control.
- If the electrical adjustment should fail to operate, both of the mirrors can be adjusted by hand by lightly pressing the edge of the mirror glass.
- The settings of the exterior mirrors are stored using the memory function* ►Link.