►Audi A6 ►Setting off ►Lights and vision ◀Windscreen wipers
Move the windscreen wiper lever to the appropriate position:
-0- - Wipers off
-1- - Rain sensor mode. As long as the Audi A6 has been moving faster than approx. 4 km/h at least once, the windscreen wipers will be activated automatically in the rain. The higher the sensitivity level for the rain sensor (i.e. the further switch -A- is moved to the right), the sooner the windscreen wipers react to moisture on the windscreen. You can deactivate the rain sensor mode on the infotainment system (this will activate the intermittent wipe mode). Select: Function selector button CAR > control button (Car)* Systems > Driver assist > Rain sensor off. In intermittent wipe mode, you can adjust the interval with switch -A-.
-2- - Slow wipe
-3- - Fast wipe
-4- - Single wipe. If you hold the lever in this position, the wipers will switch from slow continuous wiping to fast continuous wiping after a while.
-5- - Wash/wipe. The screen is given an extra wipe a few seconds later to remove any dribbles of water (if the Audi A6 is moving). You can deactivate this function by moving the lever to position -5- again within 10 seconds after the extra wipe. The extra-wipe function is activated again the next time you switch on the ignition.
Avant/allroad: If the windscreen wipers are on and in operation, the rear window wiper will also be switched on automatically when you engage reverse gear.
Headlight washers*. The headlight washer system* only operates when the dipped headlights are switched on. The headlights and the camera for the night vision assist* are also automatically washed intermittently when you move the lever to position -5-.
-6- - Avant/allroad: Rear wipe. The rear window is wiped approximately every 4 seconds.
-7- - Avant/allroad: Rear wash/wipe. The number of wiper cycles depends on how long you hold the lever in position -7-.
- The rain sensor is only intended to assist the driver. The driver is still obliged to manually operate the windscreen wipers as required depending on visibility.
- Do not use water-repellent coatings on the windscreen. In bad visibility conditions such as light rain, low sun or when driving at night these coatings can cause increased dazzle, which is a serious safety hazard. Such coatings can also cause the wiper blades to judder.
- Poor visibility can cause accidents. Always ensure that the wiper blades are in good condition ►Link.
- In icy conditions, check that the wiper blades are not frozen to the windscreen. If the wiper blades are frozen to the windscreen when you switch on the windscreen wipers, this could damage the wiper blades.
- Make sure you switch off the windscreen wiper system (lever in position 0) before you use an automatic car wash. This will avoid inadvertent triggering of the wipers and possible damage to the wiper system.
- The windscreen wipers are deactivated when the ignition is switched off. You can activate the windscreen wipers after switching the ignition on again by moving the windscreen wiper lever to any position.
- Worn or dirty wiper blades can cause smearing on the glass. This can also impair the effectiveness of the rain sensor. Please check the wiper blades regularly.
- The windscreen washer jets are heated when the ignition is switched on if the outside temperature is low.
- If you stop briefly, e.g. at traffic lights, the wiper speed setting will automatically be reduced by one level.