Audi MMI MMI controls and displays Media drives
These general notes apply to CDs and DVDs.
Requirements for good playback
Please note the following in order to ensure perfect high-quality sound reproduction and avoid damage to media drives:
- -A- - Do not use damaged or scratched CDs.
- -B- - Do not use single CDs/DVDs (diameter 8 cm / 3 inches).
- -C- - Do not use non-circular CDs/DVDs (shape CDs/DVDs).
- -D- - Do not use CD/DVD labels.
- -E- - Do not use protective rings.
- Do not use dirty CDs or DVDs.
- Do not use a CD/DVD cover or a stabiliser.
- Always store unused CDs/DVDs in a suitable CD case and do not expose them to direct sunlight.
Cleaning media drives, CDs and DVDs
Clean CDs and DVDs with a soft, lint-free cloth. Wipe the disc in a straight line from the centre outwards. If necessary, dirt can be removed with a commercially available CD/DVD cleaner or with isopropyl alcohol. Please never use petrol, paint thinner or record cleaner, as these can damage CDs and DVDs.
Use of laser equipment
Laser devices are divided into the safety classes 1 to 4, as specified by DIN IEC 76 (CO) 6/VDE 0837. The optical readers installed in your Audi Q5 are classified as safety class 1. Lasers used in devices that fall into this category are very weak and well screened, so there is no danger if used correctly.
If the display indicates a read error, any of the following causes are possible:
|CD/DVD is dirty.
||Clean the CD/DVD.|
|CD/DVD is scratched.
||Replace the CD/DVD with a scratch-free CD/DVD.|
|CD/DVD was inserted upside down.
||Insert the CD/DVD with the text facing upwards.|
|Condensation has formed on the CD/DVD.
||Wait until the CD/DVD is dry.|
|A mechanical malfunction has occurred on the media drive.
||Please contact an Audi dealer or a qualified workshop.|
- At extremely high or low outside temperatures, it is possible that the playback of a CD/DVD will not function temporarily. A thermostat switch is installed to protect the CD/DVD and the reading laser.
- Never remove the device cover. The device has no components that can be serviced by the owner.