Audi Q5 Controls Doors and windows Central locking system
The Audi Q5 can be locked and unlocked via the central locking system. You can use any of the following:
The turn signals will flash twice when the Audi Q5 is unlocked and once when the Audi Q5 is locked. If the turn signals do not flash, one of the doors, the bonnet or the tailgate is still open.
Automatic locking function (Auto Lock)
The Auto Lock function locks the doors and the tailgate when the Audi Q5 exceeds a speed of about 15 km/h.
The Audi Q5 is unlocked again when the ignition key is removed. Alternatively, the Audi Q5 can also be unlocked via the central locking switch or by pulling one of the inside door handles. The Auto Lock function can be switched on and off on the sound system or MMI* Link.
In the event of an accident in which the airbags inflate, the doors will be automatically unlocked to facilitate access and assistance.
Unlocking one side of the Audi Q5 only
When you lock the Audi Q5, the central locking system will lock the doors and the tailgate. When you unlock the Audi Q5, the central locking system will unlock either the driver's door only, or all the locks on the Audi Q5, depending on the setting you have selected on the sound system or MMI* Link.
The central locking system is combined with a deadlock mechanism. Once the Audi Q5 has been locked from the outside, the door handles on the inside are deactivated. This makes it more difficult to break into the Audi Q5.
Anti-theft alarm system*
If the anti-theft alarm system senses interference with the Audi Q5 it triggers an audible and visible alarm.
The anti-theft alarm system switches on automatically when the Audi Q5 is locked. It switches off automatically if you unlock the Audi Q5 using the remote control.
If you unlock the Audi Q5 by inserting the key in the driver's door, the ignition must be switched on within 15 seconds, otherwise the alarm will be triggered. On some export versions, the alarm is triggered immediately when you open a door.
To deactivate the alarm, press the unlock button on the remote control key or switch on the ignition. The alarm will also switch itself off when it comes to the end of its cycle.
Switch off the interior monitor and tow-away protection if you wish to prevent the alarm from being triggered accidentally Link.
The central locking system prevents you from being locked out of the Audi Q5 in the following situations:
- When the driver's door is open, the Audi Q5 will not be locked if you press the central locking switch and then close the door Link.
- On Audi Q5s with convenience key*, the tailgate will be released again automatically if the remote control key that was last in use is left inside the boot when the tailgate is closed Link.
Do not leave anyone (especially children) in the car if it is locked from the outside and the deadlock mechanism is activated: the doors and windows cannot then be opened from the inside. Locked doors could delay assistance in an emergency, potentially putting lives at risk.
- Never leave any valuable items in the Audi Q5 unattended. Even a locked Audi Q5 is not a safe.
- If the diode on the driver's window sill lights up for about 30 seconds when the Audi Q5 is locked, the central locking system or anti-theft alarm* is not working properly. Please have the malfunction repaired by an Audi dealer or qualified workshop.
- The interior monitor of the anti-theft alarm* system will only function as intended if the windows and the panorama sun roof* are closed.